North West Transmission Grid Connection - NWTGC Project has been divided into two Phases (Phase I & II).
Procurement of Engineering Contractors for Phase I is in progress.
Phase II tenders closing on Friday 18th August 2017. This tender is to procure contractors for the construction, testing and commissioning of the following
- 400 kV transmission line from Phokoje (near Selibe-Phikwe) to Pandamatenga via Dukwi,
- 400/132kV substation at Dukwi,
- 400/330/220/132kV substation at Pandamatenga,
- 132/33kV Substation at Nata, Mosetse and Disaneng near Maun.
- 132kV line from Mawana (near Maun) to Disaneng
This phase also comprise of
- 220 kV lines from Pandamatenga to Kazungula, Lesoma and agricultural development zones plus
- 220/66kV Substation at Kazungula
- 220/33 kV, 66/33kV and 66/11kV substations to supply the Zambezi/Chobe Water Transfer Scheme and the Zambezi Integrated Agro-Commercial Development Project (ZIACDP).
The six Tenders for the substations and lines were advertised on 14/12/2015 and on 18/02/2016 respectively.