Botswana Power Corporation has embarked on a strategic journey in its pursuit to become a competitive commercial power utility within the region that is responsive and customer focused. To achieve this goal, a number of strategic Business Units have been established, and the placement of key professionals to drive this mandate is critical.
BPC requires dynamic, result oriented and customer focused individuals who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Batswana, to apply for the following positions:
1.INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER-COMPLIANCE (TENABLE IN GABORONE)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure that information created, acquired or maintained by BPC is used in accordance with intended purpose; to protect BPC information and its infrastructure from external and internal threats; and to ensure that BPC complies with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or related discipline.
• Relevant industry certification in information security related area e.g. MCSE security, CISSP, GSEC, SSCP, CIW etc.
• Membership of BIE or equivalent is desirable.
• Minimum five years broad IT experience including three years’ experience in information security.
• Experience in developing and administering an information security program desirable.
• Working knowledge of and experience in policy and regulatory environment of information security.
• Knowledge of governance, risk management and compliance,
• Technical knowledge.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Business focus
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Collaborative working.
• Getting results from others.
Candidates Who Meet The Above Requirements Are Invited To Send Their Applications, Curriculum Vitae And Certified Copies Of Certificates Through The Registry Office On An envelope clearly marked in bold letters the position being applied for and its location, to:-
Manager Human Resources Services
Botswana Power Corporation
P O Box 48
Or Alternatively E-mail The Applications (applies to all positions) to email@example.com, Indicating The Position Being Applied For On The Subject Line.
Closing Date: Friday, 07 th December 2015